As a small-time mechanic trying to build your business in Car Mechanic Simulator 2021, you’ll inevitably get orders to replace old brake fluid. This maintenance task is crucial for vehicle safety and performance. Follow our guide to learn how to properly drain the brake fluid reservoir and refill it with fresh fluid.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide:
To drain and replace brake fluid in Car Mechanic Simulator 2021, follow these steps:
- Drive the customer’s car onto the lift and raise it up.
- Equip the drain tool from your toolkit.
- Open the hood and enter disassembly mode.
- Locate the brake fluid reservoir (small tank with yellow cap).
- Hover the drain tool over the reservoir and hold the interact button to drain fluid.
- Once drained, click the reservoir cap to open it. This will refill fresh fluid.
- When full, the cap will close automatically.
- Lower the car, check for leaks, then move it out and call the customer.
- With practice, you can drain and refill brake fluid quickly. It’s vital maintenance for safe braking.
Why Draining Brake Fluid is Important
Before we get our hands dirty, it helps to understand why brake fluid replacement is so critical:
- Moisture absorption – Brake fluid is hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs moisture from the air over time. This lowers its boiling point significantly.
- Vapor locks – Wet, old brake fluid with a low boiling point can vaporize under hard braking. This leads to vapor lock which severely reduces braking power.
- Reduced performance – Contaminated fluid also causes corrosion, leaks, and degradation of seals and valves. Together this reduces overall brake system performance.
- Complete failure – In extreme cases, badly maintained brake fluid can even boil completely during hard braking and cause total brake failure. This makes fluid changes crucial.
So in summary, old brake fluid is dangerous and replacing it regularly is vital for safe braking. Failing to do so in Car Mechanic Simulator will anger customers and lower your reputation. Now let’s see how to do it properly.
Step-by-Step Brake Fluid Drain Process
Draining old brake fluid and replacing it with fresh fluid is a straightforward process in Car Mechanic Simulator 2021:
First, drive the customer’s car onto the lift using the parking zones. Raise it up to a comfortable working height.
Equip the drain tool in your toolkit. This is essential to draw fluid out of the reservoir.
Pop the hood and enter disassembly mode. Locate the brake fluid reservoir. It’s the small tank with a yellow cap.
Draining the Old Fluid
Hover the drain tool over the brake fluid reservoir, avoiding the cap.
Hold down the interact button to insert the tool and drain all the old fluid out.
The drain tool will fill up with the drained liquid – look for the white color to confirm it’s brake fluid.
Refilling with Fresh Fluid
With the old fluid drained, click on the reservoir cap itself to open it.
This will automatically pour fresh, clean brake fluid from your inventory into the reservoir.
The cap will close once full and bleed any air bubbles out.
Exit disassembly mode and lower the car. The brake fluid is now replaced!
Double check for leaks, then move the car out and call the customer. Job done!
With the basics covered, let’s dive into some tips for speeding up your brake fluid flushes.
Tips for Quickly Replacing Brake Fluid
Like anything, you’ll get faster at draining and refilling brake fluid reservoirs with practice in Car Mechanic Simulator 2021. Here are some pro tips:
- Memorize the location – Remember exactly where the brake fluid reservoir is located in engine bays. This avoids wasted searching.
- Stock up on fluid – Keep plenty of new brake fluid in inventory so you don’t have to buy more mid-job. This saves time.
- Use the lift shortcuts – Assign raising/lowering the lift to easily accessible hotkeys to speed up the process.
- Don’t overfill – Adding too much fluid can damage the braking system. The cap will close automatically when full.
- Visually inspect – Quickly check for leaks or any drips once the car is lowered. Catch errors early.
- Know the color – Brake fluid is light amber or clear. If it’s very dark, recommend a full flush to the customer.
With these tips, you’ll knock out brake fluid replacements rapidly. Next let’s cover some frequent questions on the process.
FAQ About Draining Brake Fluid in Car Mechanic Simulator 2021
Here are answers to some common questions about changing brake fluid in CMS 2021:
Where is the brake fluid reservoir located?
It’s a small plastic tank with a yellow cap, usually on the driver’s side of the engine bay.
Can I damage anything by draining the fluid?
Not if you only drain the reservoir. But removing brake lines elsewhere can damage the system.
What color should brake fluid be?
Fresh fluid is light amber or clear. Dark brown/black fluid should be completely flushed.
How often does brake fluid need changed?
About every 2 years is recommended. More often for track cars.
Does the drain tool work on other fluid reservoirs?
Yes! It can be used to drain coolant, power steering fluid, etc.
Is there any downside to frequent brake fluid changes?
Not really – it’s preventative maintenance. Just takes some time and fluid.
Can I damage the brake system by overfilling the reservoir?
Yes, overfilling can cause leaks or reduce braking performance. The cap closes automatically when full.
That covers the basics of how to properly drain and refill brake fluid in Car Mechanic Simulator 2021. Refer back to this guide whenever you get an order for this common maintenance task. With the right technique, you’ll knock out brake fluid flushes in no time!